The Uganda Chamber of Mines & Petroleum (UCMP) is a non-for-profit, non-governmental organization, representing the interest of the mining and petroleum sector in Uganda. UCMP is a coordinating and facilitating centre for information and administrative support to prospective and current investors in the mining and exploration sectors in Uganda.
It also promotes, encourages, protects and fosters responsible exploration and services in mining and petroleum sectors in Uganda to benefit all the stakeholders.
Membership of the Chamber is drawn from a wide section of stakeholders which include petroleum and mining companies, materials service provides, professional bodies and individuals.
Joining the Uganda Chamber of Mines & Petroleum attracts a number of benefits depending on the membership category and extent. Some of the benefits include:
- Representation of crucial mining and petroleum industry issues to the Government and other relevant bodies on behalf of members.
- Through the various forums such as workshops, seminars, visits, and surveys, members have the opportunity to exchange ideas and help to formulate positions. There is also the opportunity for members to actually make the presentations and interact with policy makers.
- Dissemination of information about the mining and petroleum industry developments through our quarterly magazine.
- Promoting networking of members through monthly get-together functions.
- In pursuit of its advocacy and lobbying role with government, labour and other stakeholders, the Chamber relies on information and transparency - vital ingredients if it is to remain the recognized, unified and authoritative voice of the petroleum and mining industry in Uganda.
The chamber's mission is to promote, through the collective action of members, the growth and development of Uganda's mining and petroleum industries, for the benefit of all Ugandans and investors.